Friday, November 10, 2006
Life full of Finance Courses

When I joined ISB, I thought of majoring in Strategy or Marketing. But during the core terms after studying Corp Finance & Investment Analysis, some how I developed fascination towards Finance. Probably because of the Professors who taught these subjects.... This made me to think towards Finance major.

My First Elective term (Term-5) is going on now. Out of the 4 subjects, I have taken 3 Finance courses. Advanced Corp Finance, Fixed Income and Options&Futures. Handling three Finance courses in one term is a bit tough – different strategies, different analysis, different cases, different assignments at different tough levels – but submissions at same time. But still I am enjoying the subjects very much. Day by day I am feeling that Finance is well suited for me – who likes analysis, derivations, numbers and math. This term is on the verge of finishing and we are asked to bid for next term courses. Again Finance courses won my heart. Corporate Control - Mergers & Acquisitions, & Financial Engineering are the subjects I had chosen. Waitlisted in 'Financial statement analysis'. The list is so long and I doubt my chances of getting this subject. If I would have got this course, by the end of term-6, I would have done my Specialization in Finance. But the distance increased by one more term.

Many seniors told me that Financial Engineering is the toughest of all the subjects as it deals with complete numbers, derivations and analysis.

Still…. My love towards quantitative subjects and passion towards numbers drove me to take this subject. I can finish my MBA without taking all these courses – and I can do major by taking some other Finance subjects – but what is the thrill and ultimate learning experience without experiencing the core of finance.

I am sure.. Next term is going to be t-o-u-g-h. But where there is a challenge, there is thrill and where there is effort, there is the fruit.

 
Posted by Kishore at 7:52 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey kishore,
    The text is almost invisible. Need to change the text font color.

    -srinivas

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    kishore i can see everything what u have written -- good font selection and background selection

     

Post a Comment

~ back home