Wednesday, October 25, 2006
It is a loss for GE

Yesterday we had an internal presentation given among a 'few' group of students who were competing in participating in GE DAY contest. GE gave a problem on providing 'water solutions' to rural India and a few teams from our campus wanted to participate. As GE restricted only 2 teams from one Institute, some filtration has to be done and this resulted in conducting an internal competition.

No idea what happened and how it happened? But it happened..... We were not selected for the event. An amazing idea with foolproof method, substantial information and an excellent presentation could not win the hearts of our fellow team members... It is our poor team who spent considerable amount of time in preparing the plan and it is me who spent the entire night making a beautiful presentation and it is my fellow team mate who presented it to the fullest impactful (As I am still in the mouth-ulcer phase, I was just standing on the dias).

The sad thing is that we were rated the least. Is it because of the personal bias or is it because of the argument we had undergone before the presentation start?

God Knows.. I should not blame anyone and I am not blaming anyone.

But even to this second, I still think only one point......... It is Not a loss to me, Not a loss to my team and Not a loss to my college - but definitely it is a loss for GE, who could not listen to our idea.......... a definite loss for them........... But ofcourse what else can they do! They put the decision making in some other's hands and it happened...........

Disclaimer: No offense to any one.

 
Posted by Kishore at 8:35 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home